Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 2 racks of pork ribs (baby back or spare ribs)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). This will be the dry rub for the ribs.
- Remove the silver skin from the back of the ribs, if present. Apply the dry rub generously on both sides of the ribs, pressing it into the meat.
- Place the ribs on the preheated grill, bone-side down. Cook for about 2 hours, turning occasionally, until the meat is tender and begins to pull away from the bones.
- Brush the barbecue sauce onto both sides of the ribs during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Continue grilling until the sauce is caramelized and sticky.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. Cut them into individual ribs or larger portions, if desired. Serve with extra barbecue sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 600Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 140mgSodium 980mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 26gProtein 45g