Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound beef liver, sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (optional, for coating liver slices)
- If desired, coat the beef liver slices in flour, shaking off any excess. This step adds a crispy texture to the liver when cooked.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the skillet and sauté until they turn golden brown and caramelized about 8-10 minutes. Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in the same skillet. Place the coated beef liver slices in the skillet in a single layer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they reach your desired level of doneness. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Once cooked, remove the beef liver slices from the skillet and transfer them to a plate.
- Serve the Beef Liver and Onions by placing the liver slices on a platter and topping them with caramelized onions. Accompany with your choice of side dishes, such as mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 440mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 20g