Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (9 inches) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large skillet, sauté the diced onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat until softened and fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until slightly tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir well to coat.
- Gradually pour in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables, cooked diced chicken, dried thyme, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the mixture for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetable mixture to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place one of the pie crusts over the filling, trimming the excess dough. Press the edges to seal and make small slits on top for ventilation.
- Optional: You can create a decorative crust by cutting out shapes from the second pie crust and arranging them on top of the pie.
- Brush the beaten egg over the pie crust for a golden finish.
- Bake the chicken pot pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 55mgSodium 580mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 18g