Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill the beef patties for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C), or adjust the cooking time accordingly for your preferred doneness.
- While the patties are grilling, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and chopped onion. Sauté until the mushrooms are golden brown and the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the beef broth and bring it to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- If desired, mix the cornstarch with a small amount of water to create a slurry. Stir the slurry into the mushroom sauce to thicken it.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream to the skillet. Stir well and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef patties from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the grilled beef patties with the mushroom sauce poured over the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 450Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 150mgSodium 750mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 22g