Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 4 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried rosemary, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the pork loin roast with olive oil, then coat it with the herb and spice mixture.
- Place the pork loin roast in a roasting pan and pour the chicken broth into the pan.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the foil and continue roasting for an additional 30 minutes, or until the pork is done.
- Remove the pork from the roasting pan and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- While the pork rests, prepare the gravy. Skim off any excess fat from the pan juices and transfer the juices to a small saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and a small amount of water to create a slurry.
- Gradually whisk the flour slurry into the pan juices in the saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the gravy thickens.
- Slice the pork roast and serve it with the prepared gravy. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3.5gCholesterol 120mgSodium 350mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 43g