Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter (for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and milk. Let it sit for a few minutes until the breadcrumbs absorb the milk.
- Add the ground pork, finely chopped onion, egg, salt, black pepper, allspice, and nutmeg to the breadcrumb mixture. Mix well using your hands until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 160°F (71°C). Adjust the cooking time accordingly for your preferred doneness.
- Once cooked, transfer the meatballs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess grease.
- Serve the Swedish Pork Meatballs hot, optionally with lingonberry sauce and fresh parsley for garnish. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 120mgSodium 400mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 23g