Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 day
Total Time: 1 day 30 minutes
- 1 beef tongue (about 2 pounds)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups duck fat or lard (enough to fully submerge the tongue)
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add the beef tongue and blanch for 5 minutes. Remove the tongue from the pot and rinse it under cold water to cool it down.
- Peel off the tough outer skin of the tongue and trim any excess fat.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper. Rub the mixture all over the beef tongue, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned beef tongue in a vacuum-sealed bag or a ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Preheat a sous vide water bath to 165°F (74°C). Submerge the bag with the beef tongue into the water bath and cook for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, carefully remove the beef tongue from the bag and set it aside. Discard the cooking liquid.
- Heat the duck fat or lard in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Once melted and hot, add the beef tongue and sear it on all sides until browned and crispy.
- Remove the beef tongue from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice it thinly against the grain.
- Serve the Tender Herb-Marinated Beef Tongue Confit with your choice of sides and enjoy!
Please note that the calorie count and nutrition facts provided are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and cooking methods used.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 100mgSodium 800mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 35g