Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, diced bell pepper, and minced jalapeno pepper to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to toast the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, tomato paste, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning if needed. If you prefer a thicker chili, you can simmer it uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes to allow it to reduce.
- Serve the turkey chili hot, garnished with your choice of toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or chopped cilantro.
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 60mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 24g