Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free option)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large lettuce leaves (such as iceberg or butter lettuce)
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, cilantro, peanuts
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a spoon or spatula.
- Add the minced garlic, diced onion, diced bell pepper, and shredded carrots to the skillet. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the turkey is fully cooked.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and grated ginger.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the skillet with the turkey and vegetables. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and spoon the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, and peanuts if desired.
- Serve the turkey lettuce wraps as a light and healthy meal or appetizer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 65mgSodium 550mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 24g